Prints On Canvas

Friday, July 22, 2011

Jennie's July Sketch



Hello!

Here's a sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches that I really loved and I hope you'll have fun with, as well!

I loved the opportunity for several photos on the layout, as that is definitely more my style. I also loved the triangle layout for the embellishments. LOTS to love here!!

Here's my take on the sketch:

I used the gorgeous and vibrant Echo Park Summer Days papers and brads, while omitting one of the photos from the design. I used my Silhouette to cut out the title (Lobster 1.4 font!) and I misted the shipping tag with Studio Calico's Mister Huey sunshine (a discontinued color, phooey!).

The die cut doily is painted with Tattered Angels glitter glam in lipstick pink. I LOVE this stuff. The color is gorgeous and the product is just FUN to use. I can't wait to try other colors!

I journaled a list onto a die-cut label with the computer and used the Echo Park Summer Days brads to highlight each item on the list. I also used the same brads as the center for the Studio Calico notion.

The final element is the Zinged! Maya Road chipboard sun. It's a simple element yet fun and bright, like the rest of the layout!

I'd love to see what you do with the sketch! Try it out and post it in the gallery!

0 comments: