We promised some cool changes for 2010 and here is one of them! We've opened up the Gallery to all who want to upload their layouts!
We've posted some instructions in the Gallery in case you need a refresher or if you're new.
Share your ideas with other customers. Upload layouts using our Sketches. Be chosen as the Guest for the month. Each month, we will highlight one customer. Our Design Team will chose one person from the gallery and highlight them. Each member of the DT will have a chance to 'scraplift' one of your layouts or ideas from the gallery. User will receive a Gift Certificate worth $10.00 to the store for being the Featured Member.
1. Register for an account. We will approve this within 24 hours. 2. If you already have an account, log in. 3. If this is your first time, you will need to create an Album. Click on Create/Order my Albums. 4. Click 'New' and rename the album. This will be your personal album. 5. Once you have created your personal album, click Upload. 6. Choose up to 10 files at one time to upload. 7. Choose your personal album to upload. This should appear at the top of the drop down menu. 8. Enter any information you want to share - story about the layout, technique used, sketch used or products 9. Your new folder will appear in the User Gallery. You may use this same folder to upload to each time or create a new one. Always upload under your personal gallery.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact Us page or email us at email@example.com
So what does all of this mean?
First, expect more sketches in 2010. We plan on releasing 2 each month. We'll have contests where you'll use the sketches to create cards and layouts to win prizes!
Second, each month, one of our Design Team members will choose one of you to be the Featured Member. All 6 members of the Design Team will 'scraplift' a layout or card from your gallery that month. Their take on your idea!
Last, there is a voting option for each layout now. The uploads with the most views and the highest rating each month will win $5.00 in Stash Cash!
So go to the gallery and start uploading and voting today!
We are! And we've been busy rolling out all of the new changes for the site this week. The newsletter will be going out tomorrow night with all of the fun details!
Have you checked out the new User Gallery? This is YOUR place to upload your ideas. Already have an account? Start uploading now! New? Register for your account today and start sharing with the rest of us.
Starting in 2010, we'll be picking one of you each month as our Featured Member. You'll receive special mention on the blog and Home Page as well as $10.00 in Stash Cash.
What are you waiting for? Upload your ideas now!
Can't wait to see you in 2010!
** Whats NEW for 2010 **
Want to know everything in store for 2010? Here is your breakdown......
New User Gallery: Create an account to upload your ideas and creations. We want to see your best ideas! Every month, starting in February, the Design Team will choose ONE person from the registered users and they will be the Featured Member for that month. That user will receive $10.00 in Stash Cash, their picture and some of their gallery ideas on the home page and the Design Team will pick something from your gallery to 'scraplift'.
Most Views and Votes: There is also a comment section and a voting option in the Gallery. Leave your fellow scrappers comments and vote for the layouts you like best. On the 1st of each month, we will announce what layout had the most views and which one had the most votes. Each person will win $5.00 in Stash Cash.
We want to see your ideas so share with us!
New Shipping Rates
We have a new flat rate shipping rate available for our US Customers. Orders up to $30.00 only pay $5.00 in shipping. Orders over $30.00 are now FREE to ship. International Customers, the reduced shipping rates will remain in effect until June 30th, 2010. Reduced prices are already reflected on your final invoice.
Design Team Calls
We will have two calls each year. Terms now last 6 months. Look for the next round in May.
January marks our 3rd Birthday. join us all month long as we celebrate. Its our birthday but you get the presents!
20% off your entire order - January 1st-31st. Enter coupon code THIRDBDAY during checkout to receive your discount. Save 20% off all NEW products and an additional 20% off all SALE prices.
As CHA gets closer, we will be marking down almost everything in stock (NEW products excluded). Each Monday, we will announce on the Blog and Facebook what has been reduced. We will also add things to the FINAL Clearance sections. Find items 50-75% off.
Each month, we will have a special Guest Designer sharing their ideas and style with you. We have some amazing people lined up for the first half of 2010, so stay tuned!
CHA Sneak Peeks!
We all get excited about the new stuff and its just about time! There are already some posted and we'll begin sharing those with you this month. And don't forget to follow us during our trip to CHA Anaheim when we share pictures, videos and so much more with you.
We have lots of giveaways planned during January and throughout the year.
Are you a fan yet? If not, join us! For every 100 fans, we'll pick 10 random names from the fan list to receive Stash Cash!
I love coupons. I clip them out each Sunday. And I stalk my emails everyday looking for them. I love deals!
Here's your Monday Markdown:
My Minds Eye Abbey Road Stomp and Whirlybird are now 25% off. All papers and embellishments for these two lines are marked down.
Check out the Final Clearance section for items that have been reduced further. Stock is limited.
This week, we added items from Making Memories Paperie lines. All papers and embellishments 60% off.
Want to save even more? Enter coupon code ENDOFYEAR2009 to save an extra 20% off your entire order. Pick up some of the new items and save 20% and add in some of the sale items and save an additional 20% off!
Coupon is valid until 1/1/10.
We will be announcing the new Design Team this afternoon so stay tuned!
Are you like me, wanting to personalise some gifts and cards? But we ran out of time......... LOL
Here's a quick and simple solution.
I made a card cum gift holder(yes... that Maya Road Kraft Envelope will hold a gift card). Materials: - 6x6 inch paper - 5 x 6 inch paper - Maya Road Kraft Envelope
Just 5 quick simple steps:
1) Cut a piece of paper to 6x6, another piece to 5x6
2) Using the 6x6 inch paper, fold a little half inch on 1 side. Fold over to the Kraft Envelope.
Paste down with liquid glue like glossy accent. Hold there till glue has bonded in.
3) Then paste over it with the 5x6 paper. You instantly get a card.
4) Embellish the front anyway you like it. Here I added a Maya Road frame(I inked it).... backed it up with the same matching red MME "Merry Days of Christmas" paper. Added a Elle's Studio tag and Maya Road flower. And I tie some rope down at the spine of the card. Voila... quick and easy.
Honestly you can take this any direction you like. The point for me was quick and easy. I reach out for my available stash. Not going to crash my brains, searching for the perfect embellishments.
Inside I dry brush some white paint and stamp a French Script over it.
Done! Just ready to put my gift card inside this envelope.
Here's another fun sketch to get you scrapping this Holiday season. I designed it for a 8.5 x11 scrapbook page but it can easily be converted to a 12x12 by using 4x6 photos in place of the square photos. You can scrap your wintery photos but if you don't have any you can replace the snowflakes with flowers instead. Just have fun with it!
Here is a list of my favorite Holiday Projects you can create with some of the newest lines at Your Scrapbook Stash. They are all found on the manufacturers blogs and some even come with instructions and detailed photos. I hope they help get you in the Holiday spirit and inspire you to create your next Holiday project.
1. Check out this super cute Christmas Mini book that is easily created before Christmas so you can just add your photos in later after the Holidays. It's made with the super cute My Minds Eye Merry Days of Christmas line.
Stamps sets are available for purchase in the store.
In case you were wondering about the lack of new products around here, its because we moved the warehouse. We're growing and in 2010 we're going to need more space. So we found a cozy new place to house all of the goodies!
You'll notice that we have a bunch of new and restocked products in the store this week!
Have you see the kraft envelops from Maya Road ? They are so fun to work with. They are small enough to use on your layouts or albums. I am going to show you how I altered one of my envelopes to hold a gift card for Christmas.
Steps: 1. Trace the shape of the envelop flap on your pattern paper. Cut it out.
2. Cut a slit from the edge of the paper to the position where the circle closure. Next cut another slit across in the other direction so that you can fold the paper up as shown in the photo below.
3. Trim around the folded edges so the hole will fit around the circle closure. Glue the pattern down.
4. Next measure and cut 2 pieces of the pattern paper to fit the back part of the envelope.
5. Once again, cut a slit in the paper where the middle of the circle closure resides. Fold the edges up to test the fit.
6. Cut around the fold so the paper will fit the closure.
7. Glue on the pattern paper.
8. I wanted to change the color of the circle closure so I cut some scrap paper to place under the circle closure and protect the envelope.
9. I applied a little distress ink and then sprayed the circle closure with some glimmer mist for some shine.
I've altered the front of the envelope with pattern as well. Here is my altered envelope all ready for a gift card.
The kit is now listed in the store for sale. Complete contents for this kit:
-7 papers from the Nook & Pantry line -1 sheet of Lace papers -3 sheets of stickers -Nook & Pantry Take Note journaling cards -Bakers Twine -Maya Road Chipboard Calendar with acrylic base -Maya Road Kraft Envelopes -Maya Road Chipboard embellishments -Recipe Cards from Elle's Studio -Prima Pearls -Pictures of completed projects -Basic Instructions
This kit totals over $40 in product for only $35.00. Order yours today. Kits will begin shipping on 12/14/09.
KI Lace Cardstock - now 60% off KI Sheer Delights - now 60% off Fancy Pants Glitter Cuts - now 50% off
This is the last week for the:
1 - Reindeer Roundup - find the hidden reindeer and you'll get a coupon code to save 20% off your entire order. Discount code is off your entire order. 20% off all NEW products and an ADDITIONAL 20% off sale prices.
I met this amazing woman in October and I can clearly say, she impressed me. She taught classes with poise and even brought back some old techniques and made them new again.
It was such a pleasure working with her. This is actually an idea I've had for a while and I finally acted on it. I asked Layle (pronounced like Gayle with an 'L') to be the Guest Designer for December. I've always been impressed with her clean lines and graphic look. You may remember her work with Scenic Route. Now she designs with the fabulous lines from Basic Grey.
So when she emailed me the finished project the other day, I was over the top excited to share it with everyone!
She used Basic Greys new Nook and Pantry line to create a fun recipe book. Kits will be available to order next week or you can purchase the items individually in the shop.
We'll provide you with a supply list and techniques in the kit.
Layle is just the first of the fresh faces you'll be seeing around here in 2010!
Okay, the semi-annual Steal Our Stash (S.O.S.) sale begins today!
It just so happens to be Cyber Monday and you know online merchants will be practically giving away products.
Are you dying to hear what deals we have for you?
- Save 25% off your ENTIRE order when you enter coupon code SAVEME25 during checkout. Thats 25% off all new arrivals and an additional 25% off our already low sale prices. - FREE shipping on all US orders. International customers, the shipping rates have been slashed in half so you pay less! - Free gift with every order placed today. (Yes, you can place multiple orders. Please note in the NOTES section that you have multiple orders so we know to combine them.) - Orders totaling $50.00 or more still receive $5.00 in Stash Cash to use on your next order with us.
For all new customers, our semi-annual Steal Our Stash sale starts today. Stop by the Blog every Monday to see what the current markdowns are. We're cleaning house to get ready for CHA. Each week, we'll mark down newer products to 25% off. This is Week 1 and the following items have been added to the SALE section of the store:
Elles Studio Summer Release - 25% off American Crafts Ribbon - 25% off Scenic Route Garden Grove - 25% off Scenic Route chipboard embellishments - 25% off Prima Pebbles - 25% off Prima Stamps - 25% off Prima Penny and Fairyring Flowers - 25% off
There are low quantities remaining on a lot of these items.
Cyber Monday coupon is good for one day only! November 30th is the day to shop!