Prints On Canvas

Thursday, October 20, 2011

October Guest Designer: Bente Fagerberg


Hi this is Bente, remember me from the Spring...?
I used to love the kits that Erica sent  me as a member of her DT.  You can imagine was thrilled to get the opportunity to be a guest here this month!

Erica sent me papers and embellishments from one of my absolute favourite manufacturers.
Those of you who know me may have guessed that I am talking about Pink Paislee.They just keep on making me happy with each new collection, and very rarely disappoint.

I received the "Vintage Vogue" collection that Collage Press made for Pink Paislee.

The colours are divine
A match made in heaven if you ask me.




The papers have colours  that could have come right out of  a fifties movie. And the embellishments are adorable. 
I received spool buttons, rosettes, chipboards, beautiful buttons, ephemera, and a lovely wooden alphabet thet can be misted or painted.



On the first layout I misted the wooden letters as I was lucky enough to have a suitable colour.
I shaped the paper with the cute letter pattern and added buttons around the edge. The small banners at one side were made by cutting banners from the ephemera in two. For my title I also used  some twine to form the word "good".



I was thinking afterwards that I should have made the word a bit bigger as making it legible was quite tricky .
The sweet boy is my little nephew who insists on getting himself into trouble.....LOL!

The second layout was made cutting a frame from the same piece of letter patterned paper.
I matted my photos on the darker paper and added a space for my title. This time I used acrylic paint for my wooden letters.
You can see how I used the spool buttons and the rosettes on this too, in my close ups.



Once again thank you so much Erica, and Alyssa,for having me. I will be back in a short while with some more projects showcasing more beautiful product from the store.

Looking at all the great new lines that are arriving every day I think I "need" to do some shopping , too...LOL

See you soon, and I hope you enjoy your week end!!
Bente

1 comments:

Shellye McDaniel said...

I love these, Bente! Especially how you wrote with the twine...genius!