Prints On Canvas

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Junes Featured Member


In June, we featured Keri Babbitt.

She sent us a little tutorial on how to make a fun page!


Techniques:

1. To make custom flower accents, I cut out two separate scallops from the Prima lace and pinched and adhered them behind each vintage flower.

2. For a richer range of misted color, I layered three different hues of orange spray ink over the mask.
3. I replaced some of the words in my journaling with the Tiny Type alphabet from Cosmo Cricket...I love how each letter is a slightly different size!


4. I pleated crepe paper strips and sandwiched them between the two cardstock backgrounds for some fun dimension.

5. I used a punch to cut out the "You Make Me Happy" title from some of the Cosmo Cricket paper.


To see more of her awesome work, check out her BLOG and her Stash Gallery!

Want to be a Featured Member for us? Upload your original work to our User Gallery. Each month, the Design Team looks for one person to highlight! You'll be featured on the blog and receive a prize pack and $10.00 in Stash Cash to use in the store.

2 comments:

Sarah Mullanix said...

love her misting and the color combo is gorgeous!!!

Taj White said...

this is just so fresh and beautiful. Love the techniques here. Wonderful work!!