There are lots of ways to use your scrapbooking supplies to create Home Decor items. The first project that I want to share with you is a wall plaque. You could make yours with any saying but I went with the simple "Home Sweet Home."
Wood Plaque from craft store
Pink Paislee Patterned Paper
Pink Paislee Chipboard shapes
Pink Paislee Chipboard letters
Pink Paislee Rubons
1 sheet Bazzill cardstock
Prima Lace Black
Kaiser Crafts Pearls
Maya Road Pom Pom ribbon
Misc Black trim
Colorbok Chalk ink in
Making Memories black acrylic paint
Fiskars treading water border punch
Mod Podge and tape runner
Scissors and Exacto Knife
Steps to Create:
1. Paint edges of wood plaque desired color or you can leave the wood plain if you would prefer.
2. Roughly trace plaque onto back of a sheet of patterned paper. Cut out with scissors. Apply a think coat of Mod Podge on top of plaque, adhere your paper. Using an exacto knife gently cut excess paper off. Use the colorbok ink pad to touch up any rough spots and to darken the edges.
3. Cut a 4x6 piece of paper from a scallop patterned paper. Adhere in top left hand corner. Add a floral rubon to the top left hand corner of that piece of paper then adhere the first 2 words of your title using the Pink Paislee Chipboard letters. Add another decorative rubon to the end of the first word.
4. Cut 4 strips of patterned paper and 1 out of Bazzill cardstock. Use the Fiskars treading water punch to make a decorative edge along one side of each strip. Adhere these with your tape runner underneath the block of patterned paper, starting with the bottom one first then working your way up. Using the Exacto knife cut the remaing part of the strips off so they are flush with the edge of the plaque. Ink edges with Colorbok chalk ink.
5. Adhere Prima lace above and slightly over the top strip using glue dots. Cut off edge with scissors and adhere edges with more glue dots.
6. Add Pink Paislee leaf chipboard embellishment to top right hand corner. Adhere chipboard house slightly over it adding some pop up glue dots to make it pop out. Apply rub on butterfly, heart, and saying to Bazzill cardstock. Cut out and adhere to house and leaf embellishment adding some Kaiser pearls to the heart and butterfly. Add more Kaiser pearls on one leaf and next to the saying on the house. Adhere a small strip of Maya Road Pom Pom ribbon using glue dots to the bottom of the house embellishment.
7. Adhere the last word of your saying underneath the house embellishment. Tie a small piece of black ribbon on the first letter.
8. Add Pink Paislee Tree embellishment tying another small piece of trim to the top, next to the first 2 words of the saying. Apply butterfly rubon to Bazzill cardstock and cut out. Add Kaiser Pearls to the middle and adhere to tree.
9. Hang your new plaque in your home and enjoy!