Thursday, November 3, 2011

More From Bente!

Hi, Bente here! This time I will show you a couple of layouts I made using the "Baby Steps" line from "Simple Stories." As I don't have any babies at home any more I used the papers in a different way, just like  any old general papers with soft patterns. The colours are very sweet and likeable and for those who do have babies or toddlers at home they can be used for both boys and girls.





I loved the darker paper with dots on them together with the lighter ones.
For  my first layout I cut out a frame and wrinkled it, then fastened it to my page using my sewing machine. I grounded my photos with a circle of black cardstock . As a base for my title I used a couple of the journaling cards. 






There are so many nice bits to cut out here. You can do fussy cutting, or just cut out the different squares and use them as page elements.

I know banners are ooold by now, but I can't help myself; I still love 'em....
I  cut out triangles from the pp's and stitched them together. I recommend you use a thinner thread/twine than I did though...lol! I had a few of my flags tear.

I had these sweet photos of my youngest DD on my scrap desk and thought they would go well with this collection.  I chose a couple of sheets of pp and  a matching sheet of cardstock.
 



I placed a photo in each circle and added a flower vine with a suitable fall feeling to it. 
I cut a balloon image from one of the elements sheets and added a balloon sticker as well.

The small green letter stickers are from the same sheet as the balloon. So great to have  all the matching letters and some sayings on the same easy-to-grab sheet! 
You can see all the papers and stickers etc a couple of posts down where Yvonne picks here Stash Faves.

I needed some more dimensional embellishments and reached for my "Vintage Vogue" goodies.
With my green/black theme I think they work well on this. 
I used the rosettes, the spool buttons and the ephemera.
The black lace is  from the "Vintage Vogue" trim card, too.

I hope you liked my take on the "Simple Stories".

I am now heading over to the store to check out some of Ericas many markdowns .
So many awesome brands and many at 25% off...Thats so great!!

I have sure enjoyed being a guest here at Your Scrapbook Stash.
Thanks so much for having me! "
Bente

0 comments: