Prints On Canvas

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Meet Jessy Christopher!

The next Stash Girl is Jessy Christopher.

Hello! My name is Jessy Christopher. I am a 30-year-old preschool teacher & scrapbook educator in Malaysia. Married to my sweetheart, Eric aka Mr.Handsome for almost 4 years now & we are proud owners of 2 fur-kids.

I have been scrapping since end of 2007. I started off with digital & hybrid scrapbooking and finally ventured into paper scrapbooking in the early of 2008. What I love the most about scrapbooking is the freedom to express myself. There are no boundaries, I can do whatever I want on my layout. I enjoy doing cards, layouts & also altered projects too.

Contests/Publications:
Altered Tin "Tin of Delights" - Scrapbooking.com Magazine, February 2009
Altered Sushi Tray "Macy" - Ready Set Create Magazine, March 2009
Digital Layout "Friends" - The Star Newspaper, April 2009
Digital Showcase Layout "That's My Girl" - Scrapbook Trends Magazine, August 2009
Winner of Top Reader Page "Marriage Bliss" - Creating Keepsakes Magazine, October 2009
Thinking of You (card) - Scrapbook Trends "Cards", March 2010
Happiness Fabric (card) - Scrapbook Trends "Cards", March 2010
True Sisters (mini album) - Scrapbook Trends Mini Album Idea Book 2010
Friendship In Making (mini album) - Scrapbook Trends Mini Album Idea Book 2010
Furry Friends (layout) - Creating Keepsakes, May/June 2010

Upcoming:
Things I Adore (mini album) - Scrapbook Trends Mini Album Idea Book 2011
Our Sweet Memories (mini album) - Scrapbook Trends Mini Album Idea Book 2011
'Twas The Night Before Christmas (card) - Paper Crafts Vol. 9, 2011

Contests:
Project Scrap-a-way : Week 5 Challenge Winner - January 2008
Project Scrap-a-way : Week 7 Challenge Winner - February 2008
Winner of {Create} 3 Photos Challenge - March 2009
Winner of {Create} - Paint Challenge - December 2009
Winner of Sketch Challenge Design Dollies - May 2010

One product you can’t live without: Cutterbee scissors

When are you most creative and why? Probably in the evening because of what I see and get inspired with during the day.

Other hobbies besides scrapbooking? Photogrpahy and listening to music
Describe your style: I love to try out different techniques & enjoy playing with the different medium. I am a BIG fan of patterned paper (love to do fussy cutting), also love mist & paint. In my layout, you'll mostly see balance, 3D, clustering, fussy cutting, blings & colorful choices.

Do you have a craft corner, closet or room? A craft room

Is that spot messy or clean? A little bit of both every now & then *wink*

3 random things about you - 
a) I have a thing for British accent. Think Hugh Grant, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Sean Connery and Rupert Everett. The voice and that accent... I just melt.

b) Although I may look strict & tough at work, but I am such a cry baby whenever sappy scenes in movies come out or simply by watching Oprah! I just cry like I know those characters personally and as if I'm somehow involved with what's happening.

c) I am mixed-parentage of Chinese, Indonesian & Dutch but we were never taught to speak dutch & indonesian - only English, Bahasa Malaysia & Cantonese.

3 other scrappers/crafters that you admire 


Her DT application:






0 comments: