Prints On Canvas

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Tips: Lettering

Ever been working on a project and just didn't have the right lettering?  I think we all have!  I was at a crop this past weekend and I created this card using the new BasicGrey Curio (on preorder now!).  I wanted it to be a Thanksgiving card, but none of my Thickers were small enough for that long word (it was a sad moment).  The only letters I did have that were the right size was these rub-ons.  But they were white and weren't going to show well on the striped paper.  So I outlined them.  
Outlining is an easy way to add character and definition to an element, without adding bulk or anything else from your stash.  You can make things easier to see, add a shadow, or even just visually separate two elements by outlining them.
Order your Curio in the store today... and come back Thursday and Friday for more peeks of it!
~Alyssa~

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Such a cute card, Alyssa. And the outlining really made them stand out!