Prints On Canvas

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Technique Tuesday!

For the Alphabet box that I created this month, I used a ton of Shimmerz and Maya Mist to create the fun artsy array of colors over the whole box.


I achieved this look by using several techniques...
1. Spritz with one of the mists and let dry completely, then drip the other color on top and let dry. Like you see on letter box "F".
2. Spritz mist, then use a brayer to spread and blend, let dry, then spritz with another color and use the brayer once more. This I did on letter "E".


3. I also spritz a single color, let set for a few minutes, and lifted excess color off with a baby wipe like on letters "Q" and "O".
4. Finally, on some of the drawers I scraped with a credit card leaving lines and streaks within the mists before they dried and others I used a paintbrush to dry-brush across them like you see on box "S".


Mixing and matching your different kinds of paints and mists can give amazing texture and appeal when you just play around how you put them together! 


(Maya Mist and Shimmerz can both be found in the YSS store now, as well as the chipboard alphas, Basic Grey Oliver Stickers, and JilliBean Monster Stew papers, corrugated alphas, and stickers that I used on this box. Get over there and get you some, lol!)

xx Heidi

0 comments: