Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday Tip

Fast and Simple Gift Mini Albums
I love to make mini albums for gifts, they make the perfect baby shower, bridal shower, mothers day, etc gift. They are always a big hit and don't take alot of time or supplies to assemble.

Steps:

Cut 2 6x6 pieces of chipboard. Cover them with patterned paper or cardstock

I like to make these albums for baby showers. If I know the name of the baby then I choose a monogram letter for the first name. You can use shipboard or cut one with your diecutting machine. Tie a ribbon around it and then mount on cardstock block. Adhere to front cover.

Use your bind it all or binder rings to bind it together.

Cut 6x6 pages from Patterned paper (I love this size because I can get 4 sheets from every 12x12 piece of paper.) Then I cut blocks of cardstock as the mats for the photos all the same size and fairly close to 4x6 size. This way the person receiving the gift doesn’t need to be a scrapbooker to put the photos in it. For this album I chose to go with 4x5 blocks that way the photos wouldn’t require a lot of cropping.

Adhere photo blocks to top of pages alternating colors. On the inside back and front covers adhere a journal block or subtitle.

Adhere a simple journal block or diecut under each block. If making an album for a baby shower I like to use journal blocks that let you record weight and height of the baby for each month. Theresa Collins and Elle’s Studio tags I know has tags like this.

Decorate with rhinestones, flowers, chipboards pieces, ribbon , etc for the finishing touches.

Give your new mini album as a gift and they will be bound to love you forever :-)

3 comments:

Miwa said...

What a beautiful mini-album! And what a wonderful gift for someone...

Anna said...

I really like this idea and how you kept it nice it simple, but still fabulous!

april said...

Great mini, Carrie! This is such a lovely gift to give!