Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Paper Flowers

I love all sorts of flowers, be it papers, felt or fabric. They can be big or small, punch-out or die-cut, store-bought or even hand-made. I especially love making flowers myself, it is something special with a personal touch to add to my page. I am going to share this pretty and super easy-to-make flower with you. I love that it also helps to use up my scraps at the same time!

1) Cut strips of pp (thinner paper is better for this) about 4cmX20cm. You can try different length to make bigger or smaller flowers.

2) Snip through the length of pp as shown. Do not cut through, leaving about 1cm.

3) Gather and pleat the pp in a circle. Glue it down when you are done. You can use a peg to hold it while waiting for the glue to dry.


4) Ruffle the 'petels' a bit with your fingers after the glue is dry.

5) Embellish the flower center and you get a pretty paper flower!


I have an example here, using the paper flower on a birthday card. I embellished it with pp and pebble and glued it on a round scallop diecut.

By April Yap

2 comments:

LG said...

those are amazing!!!

Laurie R. said...

Wow those are great. And so easy too. Thanks for sharing.