Prints On Canvas

Friday, April 17, 2009

Quick Flower Tutorial

Here's a quick and simple way to create a flower that will match your pattern paper. All you need is a little scrap of the paper you wish to make the flower with.



Cut a circle out. A rough circular shape is fine, it does not have to be a perfect circle. Ink the edges of the circle after you cut it out.



Next, crumple the circle. You can further ink the edges of the crumpled circle to give it more depth.



Flatten the circle.



Pinch the middle portion of the circle as shown to give it some texture.



Finally, add either a button or a chipboard as the flower center.



Here is an example of the finished product. I used a small chipboard left over from my stash as the flower center to match my papers.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Cute! I like how you crimped the flower in the center. I often make something similar but do multiple layers.

Anonymous said...

I've used this technique & I LOVE it!!

Carrie said...

Fun idea. Love it and how simple it is!