Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Technique Tuesday

Hello everyone, how is your week?
Does Spring bring better weather, clearer sky and nicer colors all around?
I love the colors of Spring.

Today I want to share a simple tutorial,
making your own embellishments.

I want to make an LO on flying kite so I cut up this Prima packaging.
Made a shape of a kite.


Then to I apply some Crackle Paint over the 'kite'.....
let it air dry.


Next, I use my fingers and take out some of dried paint
to reveal the inner color of my Prima packaging
This will add another layer of color to the kite.
Then I mounted it onto cardstock and cut with a decorative scissors.

It will look like this:


And I also made a fabric paper flower.
Check out this cool tutorial by Elizabeth Kartchner.
HERE:


And together with my Dear Lizzy Fabric papers, homemade kite and flower,
I made this LO "Bliss" using Carrie's sketch.




Hope you like it! Try making your own embellishments.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love those kites! Great idea, Wendy!

Carrie said...

I love it!