Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Guest Designer - Danielle Layton

She's at the top of my Blog Roll each day and I eagerly wait to see what all she's posted on her blog. Whatever it is, it makes me happy when I see it.

Welcome Danielle for the month of April. Check back later this month to see what she's created using the Jillibean Soup and Lily Bee collections!

Danielle Layton is a physician assistant and military wife. She has been scrapbooking since 2002, mostly her European travels and her dog until the birth of her son. She loves photography and wants to leave behind lots of good photos for her son as she does not have many from her own childhood. She likes to be busy and therefore, scrapbooks and blogs often. You can find her adamantly researching Chipotle's secret recipe for guacamole by her preferred method: taste-testing. Danielle designs for American Crafts and Cocoa Daisy. She has had her work published in Memory Makers, Papercrafts, Simple Scrapbooks and Scrapbook Trends Magazine, as well as some web-based E-zines. Her guilty indulgence is Grey's Anatomy, when she isn't doing continuing medical education credits towards her medical license.

How long have you been scrapping? Since 2002. When I was a physician assistant student I ran into a nurse from the practice I was working at in the local scrapbooking store on my lunch break. We became friends, and she knew all about scrapbooking. When I bought my first pack of Jolee embellishments (roses) I was hooked!

Favorite manufacturers? American crafts and Jenni Bowlin

Product(s) you can't live without? Cardstock, patterned paper, paper trimmer. And thickers!

Messy or organized scrapper? Organized, very.

Do you have a craft space/room/corner. I have a guest room that also serves as a scrapbooking room. Instead of a bed I have a futon, because I don't need the guest bed in my way all the time, and when I do need it (like once a year) it's there. I have two storage pieces that hold books, albums, paint, stamps, extra paper and embellishments, altered projects and adhesive. My current (and lately only) paper and kits are stored in my closet. I like to be able to close everything up and have it look like a regular office/guest room. Yes, it's always that clean.




3 other scrappers/crafters blogs that you follow
Stephanie Dagan
I like them all for different reasons. Lisa makes me laugh. Leah makes me think. and Stephanie makes me look (her blog is in french so I have no idea what she is saying.)

3 random things about you

My sister has Crohn's disease and my father has Ulcerative colitis; this is why I went into GI (gastroenterology).
I'm a recovering soda-addict. I still miss the sugar and bubbly first thing in the morning. I have never been a coffee drinker though, ever.
I'm convinced that a pug licking my face is the very best medicine.

2 comments:

Liz Chidester said...

Welcome Danielle!!

Liz Chidester said...
This comment has been removed by the author.