Prints On Canvas

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Altered Mini Album

This is the first day of a new feature we are bringing you in September (yes, we're starting just a bit early!) called "Two Scoop Tuesdays."  That means that every Tuesday in September, we'll be posting 2 fantastic projects, tips, or tutorials for your inspiration and enjoyment.  One post will come in the morning, the other in the afternoon, so check back later for your second scoop.  :)

Hey hey! It's me again. I am back to share with you a fun step-by-step of making a mini album. I wanted to make it a mini one this time round and guess what I found... a card case. Thought it would be totally cool to fit a mini album into a card case! Let me show you how...

Here's the card case I was talking about. Basically you can work with any card case, mine is an aluminum one I got at the dollar store :)

 First, I cut a strip of 3.5" x 12" kraft cardstock. Then I kept scoring at 2 1/4" as I go.

You will get an accordion album with 5 panels & also the lil flap at the end. 

 Next, I took out Tattered Angels Mist for some fun. I used two colors Chalkboard, Firefly & Glimmer Mist, Rum Punch. For this I used a negative of a foam dots as my stencil. 

Here's the effect of two colors. Lovely isn't it? I also inked the edges and the scored lines. Once you are done, you can start to embellish the card case and also the accordion album :)

 Ta daa....

A perfect mini to remember a fun day! Totally cool for a summer project & also for using up those stash :) Adore those Crate Paper chippies & alpha sheet!

Remember the lil flap? I decided to punch it and it acted as a closure.

Here is how it looks inside. I used the Crate Paper - Neighborhood collection. You can get them in the YSS store and it is on sales too :)


Close up shots:



Hope you enjoy this step-by-step and have a good week everyone!

Xoxo Jessy

0 comments: