Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Technique and Tips!

Hello! Audrey here and I just wanted to share a few techniques with you that I used on my layout for the Color Combos Galore palette from a few weeks ago.

As I started to think about these colors, I was rummaging through my drawers and saw all these containers of American Crafts ZING powders. I had the perfect shades of green for this color combo! I know it looks like paint, but it is all heat embossed!



I have tried many different types of glue, and I have this one liquid glue that has a funky applicator, so I used it to spread glue on my page and then sprinkled the dark green embossing powder on it.

For the light green embossing, I mixed some mod podge with water to make a real runny glue and splattered it on my page. Then I added the light green embossing powder and let it dry. THEN I heated it with my heat gun.


I actually used some stuff from my stash for this page, like the Pink Paislee artisan tapes (the orange and the black houndstooth), and some Pink Paislee rub ons. The papers are from Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli collection.


TFL today!

0 comments: