Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rose Moka and Design Team Galleries.....

Okay, after sitting at Customs for who knows how long, one lovely parcel from Rose Moka arrived late Friday.

Lots of bright summer colors mixed with some great ones for fall. These look great with anything! And they even have cute mini alphas like the MM ones in colors to match their lovely papers.

And we updated the About Us page for the store. It now includes Design Team bios.

We're going to spotlight each one of the girls and their amazing work in the gallery this month.

In celebration of the arrival of the Rose Moka papers, we're going to spotlight Emeline and Beatriz. Both of these inspirational creators also design for RM.

Beatriz:




I'm an Interior Designer. I am from Mexico, now I live in the USA with my husband and our baby. I fell in love with scrapbooking when I was looking through a magazine and saw all the beautiful things that you can do. Right now I'm in love with cardmaking and altered art ... I have been scrapbooking for 2 1/2 years. I love to use ribbon, buttons and flowers on most of my creations.

Contests/Publications: I have won a few contests, recently I was one of the top 10 finalists for the Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol 2008. Some of my work has been published in Magazines like: Paper Trends, Scrapbook Trends, Cards, Paper Crafts, Scrapbook and Cards today.

One product I can't live without: Patterned paper

When are you most creative and why? When I am listening music

A hobby you have other than scrapbooking: Right now only scrapbooking

Describe your scrapbook style: My style is romantic, feminine, shabby.

Are you an organized scrapper or do you work in a mess? Most of the times I work in a total mess!

If you could be anywhere right now.....In my Country: Mexico

You can see all her work in her gallery. Check out some of my favorites from her August Gallery.

Beatriz used the Daisy D's Chloe Marie papers and the Making Memories Passport Embossed Floral.

Jenni Bowlin mini with the Daisy D's Chloe Marie papers. The felt 'lace' on the cover of the mini is a Prima Felt Mattie. These come in 6x6 sheets (3 to a pack). You can see one of them on a mini album we took pictures of at CHA.


More Daisy D's, making Memories and American Crafts Thickers. You can tell Beatriz is the card maker of the group!

And if you're interested in any of her designs, you may be lucky enough to find them in her Etsy shop!

Emeline:


My name is Emeline. I'm from Singapore. A tiny red dot on the world map. No where close to China. I'm called M, em, emmy for short... whatever is fine... as long as I know you're calling me A 30 year old SAHM to two very little persons aged 4 years and 1 year. I used to work in the financial sector before I hung up my heels 4 years ago. I had interest in all things crafty since I was little. But playing with scissors, paper and glue took a great turn only after I became a SAHM.

Contests/Publications Recent accolade : Memory Makers Masters 2009 runner up. Work seen in Memory Makers, Scrapbook Trends, CARDS, Papercraft, Scrapbooking Memories (australia), For Keeps Scrapbooking (australia), Scrapbooking Creations (australia).

One scrapbook product you can't live without: Glue.

When are you most creative and why? At night after 10. That's when the house is quiet, cleaned and it's time for myself!

3 random things about you: I play the keyboard in the church band. I love it when it rains and when the sky is gloomy. I am a person with few words.

A hobby you have other than scrapbooking: Music and bargain hunting.

Describe your scrapbook style: I think it changes like the season. I used to love bright, bold pages. Then I got bored and ventured into vintage, ephemeric shabby chic style. Either way, I still love to add a splash of colours on my pages.

Are you an organized scrapper or do you work in a mess? I cannot work on a messed up table. Just like how I cannot live in a messy house. I need to have things in place most of the time.

If you could be anywhere right now.....In bed sleeping.

You can see her entire gallery here.

And some of my favorites from her August Gallery.....

Em used the Prima Paintables. If you're looking for an easy way to customize a background - check these out! They're fun and allow you to be an artist! Ink them, paint them, watercolor them even Stickles work on these papers!



Making Memories Passport, KI Lace papers and 7 Gypsies Nottinghill papers.

Graphic 45 papers

Awesome mini album using the Graphic 45 papers.

Check out the blogs for more inspiration and some layouts using the Rose Moka papers!

Beatriz

Emeline

Rose Moka

Look for another Design Team member spotlight later this week!

0 comments: