Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

We hope you enjoyed your 3 day weekend!
We sure enjoyed the extra day with our family. More on that later in the week.

I was lucky enough to get some craft time in this weekend - its been pretty busy around here filling orders from the sale.

I had to get a few things done for a few people. One was a mini album for my cousins daughter. Her birthday is this week. I was going to get her the old standby gift - a gift certificate to Toys R Us. BUT, when the shipment came from Maya Road last week, the cupcake album just screamed her name! It just begged to be coated in pink and glitter for her. She's the ultimate girly girl. I, on the other hand, am the furthest thing from girly. That doesn't stop me from collecting pink things. Every once in a while I throw a mini book together for her using all of my secret girl stash.

So, here is what came of that:


I used the Maya Road Cupcake album (not the coaster, but the larger album)

Fancy Pants Celebration Papers
Stickles (lots of stickles)
Glossy Accents
Cats Eye Chalks
Fancy Pants Celebration Ribbon
Maya Road Cupcake chipboard ( the ones in the tins)
American Crafts Thickers
A couple of pages from the MM Diecut Journaling books
Felt flowers from the MM Elizabeth Trims box

I also made her a cute card. I saw an idea in the latest Paper Trends magazine using the Glitz Designs Large Rubons to make cards. They used the owl and I used the Bird from the set. Just used yellow Bazzill as a background and American Crafts Rubons for the letters. These can all be seen in my Gallery.
And another Mini Book. This time using the Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy. Just another quick one for my husbands desk at work.


I love this line. Keep in mind the colors are perfect for fall pages. Or anything really. I used this line for our trip to Alaska.

I used the papers, diecuts and blackboard. Threw in some of the matching ribbon and American Crafts Chit Chat Thickers (so in love with these).

Mini Album is a Rusty Pickle Chipboard Circle.

Donation Information:
When we posted last week about our donation to the Maternity and Infact Center in Washington, we didn't know we would get some emails from our customers about donating some of their own products. We love this! I have responded to each of you and at this time, I am waiting for a response from the coordinator at the center to reply. I wanted to check with her before giving out the address.
In the mean time, if anyone else has extras they want to donate to a good cause, here is another one. Cards for Heros. If you read their blog, you'll see pictures of the troops with their cards. They've sent pictures of their mini Hallmark stations. How cool is that? And their second blog is for donations. If you have something to donate: supplies, cards, money for shipping etc. this is the place you'll find all of the details. It looks like their requesting holiday cards now. Here are the deadlines in case any of our cardmakers are interested.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the little cupcake album!

Vivs said...

wuhooo that cupcake looks yummy!