Prints On Canvas

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let me introduce you....

To this months Guest Designer and Featured Member!


Septembers Featured Member - Keely Yowler


Keely has been a frequent name here on the blog in the last month.  She won the Sketch Contest!

A little about Keely:

Hi!  My name is Keely Yowler from Georgetown, Kentucky.  I've been scrapbooking/papercrafting for about 12 years.  I've always been a crafty girl who would try any creative way to express myself.  I remember decorating the backseat of my mom's new car with chalks when I was about 4.  That didn't go over so well.  My creative inspirations are my supportive hubby, Kevin, our 5 kiddos, 10 dogs, and 2 cats.  There is never a dull moment or lack of photo op in my house.  I am currently designing for Kiki Art, Scrap Tiffany, and Queen Kat Design stamps.
One product I can't live without?   Colorbox Catseye Ink Dark Brown.   I'm an ink-a-holic.
When are you most creative and why?  I love to create in the evenings while watching TV.  I spend all day mulling over creative ideas and can't wait to put them on paper once the workday is finished, the family is fed, and hubby is settled.
Are you messy or organized when you scrap?   Mmmm...how do you define messy?  I prefer to call it creative chaos :)  Yes, my desk is covered with tons of paper, ink pads, tools, and the occasional cat.
3 random things about you.  
1.  Hubby and I love to attend auctions and antique sales.  We are both pickers and love to bring home unwanted treasures.
2.  I'm a huge animal lover and would bring home every cat and dog at the pet store, if I could.
3.  By day, I work from home as a nurse medical reviewer for an insurance company.  It's the best job ever.
3 other scrappers/crafters that you admire
Lisa Pace  Her attention to detail and beautiful vintage projects make me smile.
Cathe Holden  Her amazing blog and tutorials always inspire me to run creative something.
Emeline Seet  I just LOVE her use of color and beautiful detailed projects.


---------------------------------------------

Septembers Guest Designer - Julie Bonner

I have been married for 7 years & have a 3 year old son & one more little man on the way :)

Favorite Manufacturers: This is a tough one - I LOVE so many!!!  My frontrunners right now are Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon, Girl's Paperie, and Bella Blvd.
One product you cannot live without? I cannot live without my Scrapbook Adhesives tape runners, my ruler, and my brown Maya Mist.

Are you a messy or organized scrapper? I am messy during the process of putting something together, a desk covered with all kinds of scrappy goodies.  However, I always have to clean up & reorganize between each project :)

Do you have a craft room, closet, corner? I am super fortunate to have a whole room dedicated to scrapping :)  I am still in the process of getting it exactly how I want it but it is a great space with lots of storage.



3 other Scrappers/Crafters I admire:

Michelle Lanning - A master at layering, I LOVE to see how she combines different products together :)

Lisa Truesdall -  She is so creative with stitching & misting, I LOVE to see what interesting ways she has used 2 techniques that are always at the top of my list.

Nancy Damiano -  I recently came across her blog & am SO IMPRESSED that she can rock both the single & double page layout!!!  She has a great sense of order & design on a page which I just LOVE!!!


3 random things about me . . .

     *  I'm highly addicted to carbs & diet coke
     *  I love being outdoors on fall evenings
     *  My perfect morning is waking up to a fresh snowfall - it doesn't happen too often in Maryland but last year we did have a few wonderful mornings like this :)


Julie's Blog

If you're looking for inspiration, check out her old Sketch blog 52 Sketches

Julie will also be sharing a special sketch with us this month!

1 comments:

Keely Livings said...

Thank you so much for choosing me as this month's featured member! Congrats, Julie. I'm such a fan of your sketches and beautiful layouts.