Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Prima canvas album - the clear pages

Now that we have the canvas pages covered, lets move on to the clear plastic pages. instead of just placing my completed page into the plastic sleeves, I decided to stamp on them with Staz-on.



You can pick any stamp that will coordinate with the page you intend to use in the sleeve. In my case I used a swirl stamp.


This page was done with black Stanz-on ink.


This page was done with yellow Stanz-on ink.


Here is my completed page. I like how the stamped swirls float above the page.

Well other than using regular 8X8 pattern papers for your layouts, another lovely option would be using canvas as your background. YSS has a lovely selection of cut canvas in 8X8 size. Here I'll show you what I did with my canvas page for my album.



First pick a stamp for your background. I've used the Small Grid stamp from Prima for my page.



Randomly stamp all over the canvas.



For added texture, glue a few pieces of torn paper to the canvas. Feel free to paint randomly all over the canvas as well.



I've actually painted the edges of my photo with paint as well.



Once everything has dried, assemble the page and glue everything down. I found that glossy accent works quite well but you will need to let everything bond before you move on to the next step. I expect fabric gule will work as well but I don't have any on hand to try with. Let me know what works for you.



And here is the completed page placed inside the stamped plastic sleeve. You could also add a few embellishments on the plastic page for more interest.

Hope you had fun with the tutorial.

Cheers,
June

0 comments: