Prints On Canvas

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Scrappy Tidbit

I used to be quite happy in my 'box'. I created with items just how they came in the package and I was happy. Then I slowly stepped out of the box, I started by cutting images from my hoarded pattern paper, and now I am always cutting things apart. For instance take this Echo Park paper from the Splash Line:


I cut apart the journal card in the top left and used it as a title on my layout. I mounted some of the letters on foam squares for dimension. Love the effect.

Don't be afraid to cut things up and use them for things other than intended, the results are worth it and it is just so much fun!

1 comments:

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Great Tip! I have been known to do the same thing! Roberta @ The Papercrafting League
http://thepapercraftingleague.blogspot.com