Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Supplies to Create:
Making Memories Flower Patch Line:
Patterned Paper Scraps
Felt Ribbon pieces
Puffy Stickers and Brads
American Crafts Thickers
A few leftover Easter Stickers
Steps to Create:
1. Cut 7 pieces of cardstock or patterned paper to 7.25x4. Adhere to tags.
2. Add strips of cardstock or patterned paper to each tag accordingly.
3. Staple 4 inch strips of ribbon to tags.
4. Add at least one sticker or Puffy sticker to each page.
5. Embellish with Brads and Prima Flowers and one Butterfly clip.
6. Use thickers to create a title on front
7. Attach Binder clip to top of tags
8. Add Ribbons to binder clip
9. Add Kaiser Rhinestones to a few pages
10. Enjoy or give your new book as a a gift!
Examples of Pages:
Monday, June 29, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Another funky pattern on the front of the Sassafras Lass papers but the back is a nice, printed brown. It almost looks like woodgrain.
Not into paisleys and swirly prints? Check out the polka dots on the B side of this Lily Bee paper!
Hmmm, more paisley. Not my style but the solid red on the B side is awesome! A great alternative to trying to match the perfect cardstock.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
The First step is to paint your frame the color you like. Unfortunately my frame was black and I wanted it pink so it took me a few coats but it is doable. After my first few coats I added some Tim Holtz Crackle paint over top to give it a cool vintage look. Once it is all dry lightly coat the entire frame in Mod Podge to seal it.
Then take the mat and cut a piece of patterned paper the right size. Cut a hole a little smaller than the opening and adhere it to the mat with a light coat of Mod Podge. Cut diagonal slits in the corners of the picture hole in your paper.
Lightly coat the inside of the paper with Mod Podge then carefully fold over the edges sealing of your picture opening and giving you nice clean edge. Then cut a piece of cardstock a little bigger than your opening and adhere it inside the opening. After this step I completely coated my entire project in Mod Podge to seal it.
Now it is time to embellish. For mine I added a strip of ribbon about an inch from the bottom of my mat. I attached it just with my tape runner and it seemed to stick quite well. On top of that I glued a Prima flower and added a title with American Crafts Thickers. I dressed them up with a little Shimmerz paint to give them a glittery shiny look.
I then added my picture inside the picture opening and placed the mat inside the frame. I had to get rid of the glass but that was okay with me. I then wanted to add something to the upper right hand corner so I dressed up a Maya road sheer butterfly with some Shimmerz paint and Kaiser Rhinestones and Glue dotted it in place.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Its here! More bright colors just perfect for the summer months!!!
We also have a restock of your favorite chipboard diecuts from Scenic Route.
You have until midnight to use the 20% off coupon on these new products and everything else thats on sale.
Remember, 20% off your TOTAL order.
Enter code DAD2009 during checkout to save.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Do you have those glittery bottles of goodness laying around? Don't know how to tame them?
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
*** STORE IMPROVEMENTS ***
The Wishlist and Saved Cart features are now active again! We had some issues in the past with these but after several months of working with our technical team, they are fixed!!! Some of our older customers might remember our Wishlist Sales. You might want to fill that Wishlist! ;)
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
All you need are the following:
1 X 4 by 8 inch cream tag
6 X 4 by 3.9 inch cardstock/pattern paper
2 X brads
With my mini album, I decided to use a mask and cover my tag with Maya Mist.
Mark and score the tag at 3.5 and 7.5 inches. Fold at the score marks as in the picture below.
Fold the 3 sections up and you have the cover of your mini album.
Here is the top view of the mini album.
Using a hole punch or a crop-a-dile, punch two holes along the short straight edge of your tag at 1 and 3 inch position.
Prepare a set of 4 by 3.9 inches pages from pattern paper or cardstock for the inner pages of your mini album. For my album, I used three pieces of cardstock and three pieces of pattern paper.
Punch two holes along the 4 inch side of the papers at the 1 and 3 inch position just like the holes you made for the album cover.
Arrange the inner pages and secure the pages to the cover with brads.
Now you are ready to design your mini-album and the cover.
Who knew a tag could be so fun. This little album is just right as a brag book and is small enough to fit inside my bag.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
First, reorder of Lily Bee Rubons and those fabulous diecut frames. You guys must love those frames - they were the first to go! And we also got our hands on the second set of rubons from the Three Little Birds line. They weren't available when we placed our first order.
Second, Elle's Studio. So excited to see her new stuff in person! Check out her blog for more great inspiration. We are the sponsor for September so there are a lot of fun things coming up soon! I had her add in a few more of the 'My Dear Stamps' since those seem to sell out quickly!
Third, American Crafts Thickers. Sadly, it took this long for them to send us the remainder of our CHA order...... But, the remainder of that order is still fun! Everyone loves Thickers!
Remember, free shipping on all orders over $30. This applies to US orders only. Also, get $5.00 in Stash Cash when your order totals $50.00 or more! With all of the new products coming out, you're going to want that Stash Cash!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Wood Plaque from craft store
Pink Paislee Patterned Paper
Pink Paislee Chipboard shapes
Pink Paislee Chipboard letters
Pink Paislee Rubons
1 sheet Bazzill cardstock
Prima Lace Black
Kaiser Crafts Pearls
Maya Road Pom Pom ribbon
Misc Black trim
Colorbok Chalk ink in
Making Memories black acrylic paint
Fiskars treading water border punch
Mod Podge and tape runner
Scissors and Exacto Knife
Steps to Create:
1. Paint edges of wood plaque desired color or you can leave the wood plain if you would prefer.
2. Roughly trace plaque onto back of a sheet of patterned paper. Cut out with scissors. Apply a think coat of Mod Podge on top of plaque, adhere your paper. Using an exacto knife gently cut excess paper off. Use the colorbok ink pad to touch up any rough spots and to darken the edges.
3. Cut a 4x6 piece of paper from a scallop patterned paper. Adhere in top left hand corner. Add a floral rubon to the top left hand corner of that piece of paper then adhere the first 2 words of your title using the Pink Paislee Chipboard letters. Add another decorative rubon to the end of the first word.
4. Cut 4 strips of patterned paper and 1 out of Bazzill cardstock. Use the Fiskars treading water punch to make a decorative edge along one side of each strip. Adhere these with your tape runner underneath the block of patterned paper, starting with the bottom one first then working your way up. Using the Exacto knife cut the remaing part of the strips off so they are flush with the edge of the plaque. Ink edges with Colorbok chalk ink.
5. Adhere Prima lace above and slightly over the top strip using glue dots. Cut off edge with scissors and adhere edges with more glue dots.
6. Add Pink Paislee leaf chipboard embellishment to top right hand corner. Adhere chipboard house slightly over it adding some pop up glue dots to make it pop out. Apply rub on butterfly, heart, and saying to Bazzill cardstock. Cut out and adhere to house and leaf embellishment adding some Kaiser pearls to the heart and butterfly. Add more Kaiser pearls on one leaf and next to the saying on the house. Adhere a small strip of Maya Road Pom Pom ribbon using glue dots to the bottom of the house embellishment.
7. Adhere the last word of your saying underneath the house embellishment. Tie a small piece of black ribbon on the first letter.
8. Add Pink Paislee Tree embellishment tying another small piece of trim to the top, next to the first 2 words of the saying. Apply butterfly rubon to Bazzill cardstock and cut out. Add Kaiser Pearls to the middle and adhere to tree.
9. Hang your new plaque in your home and enjoy!